Sunday, October 24, 2010

Vroom Vroom Gluten and Dairy Free!





I was happy to get a special order for a gluten and dairy free cake. It made me so happy to be able to make a cake for little Kaden, everyone disservice a cake on their day. I was also interested to see how the cake would back, and of course taste. The batter reminded me a bit of red velvet batter as it was a bit oily. The next time I make a G&D cake I will cut back on the oil a bit. It also did not raise during baking as much as other cakes. Dew to being gluten free the cake took on a denser texture. I would compare it to brownie like. Taste was good, not as sweet as other chocolate cakes and not as fluffy but still very moist. I liked it. Even my husband liked it :) I was able to use fondant as I made sure all my ingredients were gluten free, good thing little Kaden can have sugar :)

Carrie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment